Friday, February 04, 2011

Zenix Victory 75 Radio

Of all the Sandtrooper gear, probably the most coveted and most difficult pieces to identify and find yet, is the Sonix Victory 75 radio. Legend says it is a cheap plastic radio produced in Hong Kong during the 70s. Reality says we have not yet been able to secure one real Sonix Victory 75 radio yet.




All our references come from pictures and the net. But no one at the MEPD has yet held or even seen a real one.

But, that wont stop us in our quest to become the best TDs we can. So after a lot of research, modeling, designing and more, one kit is finally out based on the design and research of Zenix and the forming skills of Crashmann: the Zenix Victory 75 Radio.

I was lucky enough so that my kit was one of the firt available. It arrived and it was awesome!

Trimming, cutting, sanding, plastering, more sanding, more cutting and finally glueing. A lot of work, research and love was needed to put together this radio for my pack. But at the end, I am very happy with it, and will make a great upgrade for my pack!!!





8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, I was searching for TK costumes as I want to buy one. really like your blog and you seem to be an expert in the subject, so i was wandering if you could help me out with some tips on how to get one...

please, you are my greatest hope to become a stormtrooper!
my e-mail is paulostormtrooper@gmail.com

contact me!

4:07 PM  
Blogger plasta said...

Mail sent!
Thx for reading.
Saludos.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had one of these as a child. Annoyingly I never realised its significance and I was, and still am, a Star Wars fan. I remember getting for it birthday or christmas, it was marketed as a childs military radio I can remember the packaging of some commandos on the box. Sadly it is long gone ... I too would love one for a sandy backpack.
Phil Riches
501st - TK5701

1:43 PM  
Blogger plasta said...

Hey Phil...
Did you????
Man, I think this is the first time I hear (read) about anyone actually having one, or at least, that have had one.
Too bad its lost.
But knowing that it was a childs radio is something!
Maybe sometime soon we will finally find a real one.

If you would want a Replica, mail me, I can point you in the direction of some makers.

Thx for reading and sharing.
Saludos.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are a number of similar radios from the same period, here is one that I own complete with the army themed packaging:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=229694150398714&set=a.127274173974046.13748.100000743913121

3:03 PM  
Blogger Buster Bubble said...

Juan , I would be interested in checking one of these out.

It's me, Cantina Security from MEPD ...lol.
Hit me up, been trying to get a hold of you, man your a hard guy to reach....

5:14 PM  
Blogger plasta said...

Hey bro...
Sorry for the delay.
If you still want a radio, you should contact either Dirty Boy.
My radio was made by Zenix (dont know if he still makes them), also Crashmann did the run with Mike H blueprints... maybe he can still pull one for you.
Let me know if you need additional info.
Saludos.

2:36 PM  
Blogger plasta said...

Hey bro...
Sorry for the delay.
If you still want a radio, you should contact either Dirty Boy.
My radio was made by Zenix (dont know if he still makes them), also Crashmann did the run with Mike H blueprints... maybe he can still pull one for you.
Let me know if you need additional info.
Saludos.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home