Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sandtrooper, '76 style all the way

I've been dedicated to build my Sandtrooper for the last, I don't know, 5 or 6 years. Have gone through 2 different kits, and dozens of upgrades in equipment, build, gear, tools, painting and detailing. Putting literaly hundreds and hundreds of hours working and a fair amount of money on it. All with one goal in mind: build the most accurate Sandtrooper ANH Armor I could. Without saying this is 100% accurate, I can tell that this armor has most if not all the datails, that were seen on the ANH Sandtroopers on screen, shot in in 1976. A lot has been done to make sure that all details have been taken in consideration and I have gone really out of my way to ensure all the parts and detailing was done as close as possible to the real props and costume. This for me brings somehow some closure in this process. There will always be something new to add or modify to any armor, but, I feel pretty confident that this armor is now in its ultimate shape and fashion. This is MY 76 STYLE STORMTROOPER ARMOR and I feel very proud of it. So, just a bit of showoff here... and most of all, a bit of sharing the love for Sandtrooper armor:
Thx everyone who has shared the road with me, for those who have read or followed my posts, for those who inspired my search and for those who tough me how to get here. I will keep building armor, and posting of course even if not very often... but today, I feel like achieving something. GRACIAS. Juan

7 Comments:

Blogger Carina said...

Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper? ;-b

Congratulations, my friend, that is a great achievement! And a great looking armor! :-)

xo, Wardi

2:49 AM  
Blogger plasta said...

Actually, I am 5'8'' The size old uncle GL likes his Stormtroopers. ;) LOL!

How are you my dear friend. It's been a long time...
So, how are you doing? Still living in the UK?

How do you like my armor?
Remember how much I always talked about it back in the SW forums... and then buying it. And building it. Until now, it is finally done how I always wanted it.

Hope everything is great with you.
Un abrazo.
Saludos.

1:05 PM  
Blogger plasta said...

Just a note, I am 5'10"... conversion mistake :)

5'10" the hight of Stormtroopers!

:)

1:06 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Uh well... I guess you're bit tall for a storm trooper..?! ;-b

It has been a very long time indeed! How are you?

I'm good. Making creative things, working on a book (woop!). We should catch up - email me? I think I've lost your email address.. :-(

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really well done. You nailed everything perfectly. Hats off!

I have always wanted a Sandtrooper set up. Right now, I just do 1/6th custom art, Sandtrooper being my subject of choice.

I'm building armor and masks via 3D printing and building Moisture Vaporators from scratch.

I'm really jealous.

With Aloha,

W

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helmets, not masks.

How much of a financial investment is that set up? I'm going to guess close to 2k??

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Cesar said...

hey bro i live in savannah ga, ur sandtrooper work is incredible!!!
my name is Cesar i am from south america. been in the states since 1992
I am a graphic artist. Love ur work thank u for putting those photos for reference.
i am building my sandtrooper move along.
Thank u again
my email is www.mousemickey2727@yahoo.com

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home