Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Stormtrooper armor almost ready for Tantive IV raid.

It's September already, and even if I would like to had shared my progress in bits, I was not able and now seems like a titanic task. So, I will instead post a link to my "build in progress" thread over the FISD (First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment) and post some pictures of my current progress here. Just want to say that all armor was trimmed, fitted and put together in the most possible ANH style I could. Meaning that it was not measured cm by cm and cut, but put together following my prop maker instinct and knowledge of the hobby. I did this cause I believe that is the way the art department did it in '76. The results do show the same look and style, so, I guess I am not that far from mark. Here it is... my Tantive IV Stormtrooper armor, all assembled and ready for final weathering and detailing. The TM armor is awesome! A true work of art. And being 5'10" works great, since the armor is made to fit guys my size. The same size actors were casted for ANH. Maybe I am a bit less thin, but fits fine anyway. One thing I really was concerned and came out perfect, were the shoulder bells. Would they be able to be tucked in the chest plate? My size and thr trimming I did worked perfect, and I can see the ANH look over that area. That is, for me, one of the most distinctive characteristics on ANH armor... So, So far, so good I think.
















I still need to take pictures of every detail... Will hopefully do that later on the next couple of weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home