Wednesday, February 06, 2008

DIRT!

What is the most distinctive trade on a Sandtrooper?

Not the pouldron or the heavy blasters. Not the ammo pocuhes and definetly not the green flat lenses or the sniper knee plate. What really makes the difference is dirt. Just that. The sign of being deployed in a desert planet and having the dirty jobs done.

After lots of mods to my TK armor and after lots of thinking I finally got the courage to get dirty. Now Im finally ready to apply to the Mos Eiley Police Department and become elite among the elite. To be one of the few dozens of Imperial troopers who have worked hard to really achieve a screen acurate armor and have become a Mos Eisley Police Officer...

To achieve the correct dirt look in my armor, I used one of the most common techniques out there: a multilayer, multicolor, paint treatment. The acrylic paint was dissolved in lots of water and spread on the armor

Firts, I applyed the black layer on the part of the armor that I wanted dirty:



After spreading it with the sponge brush I got a dirty look.



A layer of yellow paint to make the sandy look.



A little brown and more black on top.



The bucket:



Do this to each piece of armor and in a couple of hours the job is done.



My Sandtrooper armor is now ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home