Thursday, August 31, 2006

Chest, arms and shoulders...

Its almost ready.

I ahd worked in the chest, upper and lower parts for a few days now. Trying different attaching systems: Velcro, Industrial Velcro, Glue, Hot glue, and even tape. But it seems that its is finally, almost ready. HEHE...

The most tricky part were the shoulder straps. It was a pain in the butt to have them properly attached and yet keep them remobable. So at the end, I used two different pieces of Industrial velcro placed in strategical spots, glued with E6000 and secured with hot glue. Worked fine.

Then, I attached the upper arm pieces to the shoulder pieces using elastic and hot glue. It worked fine, I just need to do the same to atttach the shoulders to the shoulder straps. Lets see. I also put some foam in the interior of the upper arm pieces to prevent it to move around.



At the same time, trimmed the upper leg parts and pasted the shins. I think I will paste the upper legs in both sides, and will use velcro for the back of the shins, while pasting the front part... This way, I ll try to reduce to a minumun the use of velcro.



And well... as a preview... here is the first picture of myself wearing at least part of the armor...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home